Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Journaling is for the birds!

OOOO no it ain’t!!! I got a chance to realize how important journaling is while I trained for my first triathlon last year. I took all the steps needed. I got me a coach that taught me the proper way to swim, bike and run. There is a science behind all three and doing them efficiently, and I needed a professional to show me the RIGHT way to do them, so I got one. Wasn’t cheap either, was paying about $400 a month. We met once a month to train together for an hour, I had unlimited email access to her and she scheduled all my training. She was able to look at my JOURNAL that I had to keep online and could see if I worked out at all, where I needed improvement, where I was excelling, etc.

Journaling does a few things. I think the most important thing is that it keeps you honest and on track. You can see exactly where your weaknesses are. In trading, we cannot afford to be weak. We LITERALLY cannot afford it. Every failed trade is a lesson. What did you learn from the mini seminar you just bought in that failed trade? You better have learned something, if not the situation can happen to you again and again and again, and each time you could be sitting scratching your head wondering “What happened?”

The other day I posted the lesson I learned about closing the Eurjpy to soon. I lost money unnecessarily. I wrote about it in blog, in my journal and I even talked about it to my Mentor. (Yes even I have a Mentor/Coach) What did I learn, “Don’t break my own stinking rule!” I know I will remember that lesson because it 1.) Cost me money and 2.) I put it in my journal. I will grow from it, I will TRY not to make that mistake again and I hope someone else has learned from it too.

So what do we have in store for you guys? Coaches, Mentors, Journals and a lot more. Trading is just like a triathlon. Its just you out there on the course, but you have the knowledge of your Coach, your Mentor and your personal Journal in your head the whole time giving you the right information to be an efficient and effective trader (or triathlete).

Yes, I finished the race with a better time then I expected, but I know there was no way I could have done it with out the right help. We all will benefit from this community because “The Right Help” will be at your finger tips. It will be up to you to use them.

PipTee

No comments:

Post a Comment