Thursday, March 25, 2010

The “Secret” Trade

I am a big believer in “The Secret.” Have you seen the movie yet? If not I strongly suggest you watch it.  I watch it at least once a week to stay on track. The “Secret” is the Law of Attraction. Napoleon Hill wrote about it in Think and Grow Rich, another book that I try to read once a year during vacations.

I first saw something about “The Secret” on Oprah. I know, I know, but that day changed my life for sure. I was broke, had about $10 in the bank and had no clue where the next dollar was going to come from. I watched that movie and used the last bit of money I had to buy it. I watched it, took notes and applied the Law of Attraction that day. It was a Monday and I wanted to have $5k by Friday because I had to go to California Friday night. So every morning I applied the Law of Attraction, calling $5k to come to me and having total FAITH that I would get it. Thursday I got a call to do a job and Friday morning I picked up a check for $4800. It wasn't $5k, but it was close enough.

 

That day changed my life and belief in how I can attract what I want. I did that exercise of attracting money into my life a few more times and stepped up my requirements. For a few months I was attraction $20-30k a week and working less and less, the other aspect of what I wanted for myself: more money and less work.

 

Not quite sure what I was attracting to myself when Barry called and said I was going to learn how to trade currency with him, but years later what I wanted, what I attracted to myself was to work less and make more money. So now I am a trader, a successful trader, and I'm humble about it ;)

 

So now that we have that out of the way, it’s time to talk about “The Secret Trade.” When you get into a trade do you HOPE it will pay out? Hope is a belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances in one’s life. You can sit there and hope all day long, but there will be a feeling or thought that something will go wrong, the trade will fail. Negative thoughts creep in when you hope, and a negative thought is twice as powerful as a positive thought.

 

So what happens when you have faith in the trade? Wikipedia' says faith is a confident belief in a concept or thing. I like the bible definition better. Hebrews 11:1 says “ Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not yet beheld.” Did you notice how we need to have faith to go along with hope?

 

Are you seeing where I am going with this? I feel that you can “Attract” trades to you. Patience and faith are so important when it comes to trading. When I get in a trade, I try to put myself in an emotional state of what it will FEEL like when I get paid out. I try to have total faith in the trade and don’t even think about it failing. If you doubt your abilities as a trader, your account will very quickly reveal it. Confidence, trust and faith are the ONLY emotions I think a trader should have and focus on while they are sitting at the desk trading.

 

The Secret: “Attract positives pips, and you will get them”

No comments:

Post a Comment